Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Capri and Eastern Promises

Ever since I realized that Indianapolis was the land of chain restaurants, I've been trying to compile a list of places to dine that would be a little more unique. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of chain restaurants (Kona Grill, El Torito, Abeulo's) but I feel like I am just missing out on something.

So around Christmas the Indianapolis Monthly's annual restaurant guide came out. I read it cover to cover, putting little check boxes by the restaurants I wanted to try. Whenever I talk to anyone who's been in Indy for awhile, I ask them their favorites. Every week I spend time trying to decide where we are going to go for Saturday night dinner.

It's March, it's cold, I can't really party like I want to, so dining seems like as good of a past time as any! Plus, I think my husband likes to see me in something other than sweatpants every once in a while.

So this week (and you'll see more posts here about my reviews) it was "The Capri" and "Eastern Promises".

The Capri is Italian, and has more southern-type menu (hence the name). It wasn't bad and I had the best fish I've probably ever had in my life (and @ $30, probably the most expensive). The atmosphere was nice, but definitely older crowd. Better than I expected and probably somewhere I'd take my parents, but I don't know if I'd go there again anytime soon. It's next a Walmart. Just can't get excited about that.

Eastern Promises had Viggo Mortenson who was SOOO hot in The Lord of the Rings trilogy. In this movie he plays a Russian with a pretty bad hair-do. So not Hot in this movie. However, there is one scene where he is baring it all. The scene itself is too violent to really enjoy this aspect, but still...Wow... The movie over all was good, violent in spots, so just be careful.

No comments: