We saw two good movies this weekend (Thanks Netflix!) and Josh Brolin just happened to start in both of them. I can't honestly say I knew much about Mr. Brolin before...and I certainly don't lust after him like, say, Eric Bana or Brat Pitt, but he is a good actor.
First was No Country For Old Men. Oscar best picture winner. I was worried it would be too violent, but after last week's Blood Diamonds, it was a piece of cake . The movie is dark, purposefully dark, but not indulgent. It's an interesting movie, cerebral enough to be a best picture and probably worthy.
Last night was American Gangster. This movie had an awesome cast and an interesting, eye-opening plot. Good ending. I would recommend this movie, even if usual hottie Russell Crowe is not very good looking in this movie.
Finally, we tried out the new Westfield hotspot Keltie's. The menu is innovative, reminiscent of Sweet Lorraine's in Michigan. My meal was a little disappointing and the dessert was not worth the calories. The wine was good and cheap though! Atmosphere was charming. I'll go back and give it another try because the reviews have been really good and I want to like this place!!
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment