Thursday, February 28, 2008

The person I am...and want to be

Lately, I've been throwing myself head first into my job. I have a lot of work to do, more than I can even really fathom, so it's not hard to do. I think my co-workers and friends probably think I am crazy (and oh, so dedicated to my work!) but really, it's pure selfishness on my part. Keep busy helps pass the days quickly and work keeps my mind of my life.

I wish I wasn't so focused on one thing in my life that the failure in that area is more than I can bear. If I was the person I'd want to be, I'd just move on to something else until it's my time.

I wish I wasn't so jealous and angry. It's unproductive and uncouth and just so ugly. The person I'd want to be would accept all of this with grace as God's will.

So, I'm going to keep working on being the person I want to be. She's probably hell of alot more fun at parties too. In the meantime, I've got to get back to work...

No comments: