Westfield (where we live) is just a big midwestern grid of farmland. For the last 10 years or so, the square mile blocks are slowly being converted to subdivisions. However, during the summer, I'm still driving by miles of corn fields on my way to work. I love that I can live in a big subdivision (1000 or so homes), a few miles from a mall, and still be "out in the country".
Westfield just became a city this year, and already the city has big plans. They want to upgrade a street 1 mile from our house to be 4 lanes and turn it into a commercial strip complete with 2 or 3 story office buildings. Do we really need more office space in Indy??
Growth in the economy is good for our house value and good for Matt's business, but I am hoping it stays nice and slow.
Meanwhile, I do hope Westfield replaces more 4-way stops with round-abouts. Once you get the hang of them, they are awesome!
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment