Thursday, April 22, 2010

Um, Cassandra...

On the left of my blog, you can see a link to Cassandra Forsythe. She is the co-author of a book "New Rules of Lifting for Women" that I really like. She was also very active during her pregnancy, so I linked to her blog for inspiration. However, post-baby, she is driving me crazy.

I really hate how she keeps bragging about how quickly she has lost the weight. Good for her, but really?? It's not realistic for most women. And most women, namely me, really don't need to feel any worse about their post-partum weight loss woes. I would love, love, love to be as active and rigid on my diet as I was before. However, not everyone gets to be so lucky as to not suffer the constant evil pain of nausea and headaches. Also, some of us also are blessed with excess relaxin, making the movements we did before pregnancy potentially injury causing now. I can't go as hard or fast as I did before or I will hurt myself.

So if you have a perfect pregnancy and get more fit and lose the weight in a day after birth, good for you. Keep it to yourself. You're not better than anyone else, you just got some lucky genes. Please advocate fitness and healthy eating during pregnancy. Just remember your experience isn't everyone else's.

Too harsh? I *am* really cranky, so maybe I should just delete... I just want to send a word out to all the hard working mom's still trying to lose the baby weight. Hang in there, it will happen and it might just take a year or longer.

2 comments:

Beth Bruns said...

Amen sista!

stacey said...

I am an advocate of Post Partum Depression as a way to lose the weight. Ok, SO not something to joke about, but it worked for me:(