Thursday, April 15, 2010

Easy dinner- Lemony Chicken with Goat's Cheese

Matt and I really love this recipe I made tonight, thought I would share:

1 lb chicken breasts
4oz crumbled goat's cheese (Trader Joes has this)
1 cup chicken broth
2 cloves garlic (i use the jar with the chopped garlic)
thyme, salt, pepper, olive oil, lemon peel

Heat the oil and garlic in a 12 in saute pan over medium heat. While this is starting, pound out the chicken breasts to a half inch. Sprinkle the breasts with salt, pepper, and dried thyme (unless you have the fresh stuff, save it for later). Cook both sides 3-5 minutes until it looks pretty done. Sprinkle lemon peel on the breasts, add the chicken broth and fresh thyme (if using), cover and turn down the heat. Cook for another 3-5 minutes. Remove the chicken breasts and heat the broth 3-5 minutes to reduce the sauce. Add the goat's cheese, whisk to make a nice sauce and then pour over the chicken.

I served this tonight with TJ's frozen brown rice and some frozen veggies and got dinner done in about 25 minutes (while entertaining my toddler at the same time)

1 comment:

Beth Bruns said...

I made this the other night and it was yum! I do love goat cheese. The sauce came out pretty thin for me too, which was fine. Used couscous instead of rice. There's lots of sauce leftover, so I think we'll have it again tomorrow. I think the sauce will be good with broccoli too.