Yesterday, after 6 weeks of careful planning and scheming, I co-hosted a surprise 50th birthday party for my Aunt who lives here in Indy. Most of my aunts and uncles came down from Michigan for the day and my immediate family was all at my house. It was the first time that my brother, sister in law, nephew and sister have been down here too, so it was very exciting for me. I was very nervous because I as excited as I was, I had to make sure that no pertinent details slipped ahead of time because I didn't want to ruin the surprise. Well, my aunt was surprised and so happy to see her whole family. It was really awesome that we pulled it off!
The other big highlight of yesterday was Michigan's big come from behind win over #9 Wisconsin. I do live for Michigan football but I had resigned myself to a bad season...but the second half of the game yesterday is going to keep me happy for many weeks, even if it's the only bright spot we have this year.
2 comments:
Glad the party went well! Could you believe that game on Saturday?! I, unfortunately, missed most of it because I was in Charlotte, but I caught the last 3 minutes and I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw the score!!! I am still on cloud 9 after that win! I will be at the next two games. Can't wait! GO BLUE!
I was talking to my friend who lives in Westfield today. You don't by chance live in Countryside Subdivision do you? I was saying how weird it was that you two lived in the same town and she said there is a house just down the street from her that has a huge U-M flag outside it. She said she knew the people who lived there must have good taste because of the flag. Wouldn't that be crazy if you were neighbors with one of my best friends?!
Post a Comment