Yesterday was our big ultrasound. I scheduled it 6 weeks ago so we could have the first slot so Matt could come and not have to take vacation. Well, we got there at 8am and they had no record of our appointment! I thought I was going to cry, but thank goodness they could see us at 9. So much for trying! The ultrasound went really well and we had a great tech. She told us the baby was head up (breech) which kind of baffles me since I look like I am carrying a watermelon. I think all of this eating is catching up with me. His anatomy scan went well- nose and mouth, NT measurement, kidneys, and heart (which was really cool, it looked like a heart!!). He did have an echogenic foci on his heart (which I saw before the tech even showed me, it's hard to miss) which is a soft marker for downs, but since my bloodwork stats were 1 in 3000, the doctor said that this didn't increase the odds.
Finally after the anatomy scan, it was time to look for the gender. The u/s tech already knew but she wanted to take a picture for us. Well, the baby would not uncross his legs and I started worrying that we wouldn't be able to find out. Fortunately, he did finally move and we got the money shot (LOL!!) Indeed, he was a boy!
Before I was pg I dreamt I would have boy with curly dark hair. I hope this little guy looks like Matt. It was be too cute!

4 comments:
yay for a boy!! congratulations...i'm glad it worked out and you didn't have to reschedule. i think i might have cried for you!
Yay yay yay! So exciting!! Congrats on your little baby boy! Glad he is healthy!
Go team blue!!! So glad everything worked out and you got to have u/s and see the goods :)
Congratulations! I am so happy that everything went well.
Post a Comment