Sunday, September 14, 2008

the week in review...

Let's see...I worked. Then I worked some more... Was very stressed about all the things I am supposed to be doing outside of work...but then I just went back to work. But, my weekend was better! I slept, ate pizza, shopped, surfed the internet and planned more of our vacation. Here are the items of note:

We picked a paint color for the nursery. It's not what I had in mind, but I think if I painted the nursery the color I did want it would be way too much. I have a slight fear of color. I am always picking the lightest color on the color chip, and then looking for something lighter:


We ended up going with the color on the top left. My dream was any of the darker blues, but I think it would have been too smurfed out. Matt wanted green, but we have way too much green in our house already. Note: Lowes does sample jars for 3.99, which is quite handy for indecisive folks such as myself.

We also picked out our hotel for the Grand Canyon. We are flying round trip to Phoenix to save money on the rental car (even though I really wanted to go to Vegas again, one way rentals are 5 times the cost of round trip!) Matt wanted to not switch hotels every night, so our home base will be in Flagstaff and we'll drive a ton everyday. Thanks to Mel/PsychedForBaby for her pictures where I did get some ideas for our trip!

Matt and I made our first foray into baby shopping. Baby furniture is such a racket! I like to get a good deal and buying retail may just kill me. However, I also want something sturdy. I'll post pictures up soon of what we like. We are looking for lighter wood, but it's so unpopular nowadays.

I also want to warn you about the dangers of eating too much Kettle Corn from the art fair:

(note, you should also clean the bathroom mirror before taking pictures of yourself...)

Finally, I have a few friends going through procedures this week, or about to go through procedures... so please keep them in your prayers. They are going to be great mommies, and the sooner the better!!

3 comments:

Bella said...

I love the color you picked for the nursery! Your PG belly is so cute!

Sasha & Mark said...

Cute color-- it will be very soothing, and easy to pop with other accessories.

Thinking of your T-TTC friends...

stacey said...

YAY for being one step closer to a nursery:o)