The Mini Indy is a half-marathon that is always the first Saturday in May in downtown Indianapolis. I've run it once in 2005 and walked in 2004. It's so much fun you hardly know you are exercising... well maybe that's a stretch, but the miles do go fast. Part of the race you do a lap on the track at the Indy 500 which is cool.
I am completely psyched to start training in March, but worried since I realized that I am only averaging 1.5 miles a day on my treadmill right now. I will have a long way to go in the spring and not too much time! Two of my friends signed up, so we'll be in it together. Anyone else want to join me? I'd love to have you.
It's finally cold in Indiana, so it's my first weekend of indoor stuff. Going to get a head start on my xmas crafts. I love weekends where I don't have much to do!!
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good for you! You're so motivating!
That's awesome, Andrea! I figured the mini would be well full already. I'm hoping to be able to train for the 2010 one.
For now, we're working up to a 10K.
I loooove the cold weather right now! It is so beautiful with the changing leaves and the crisp weather. Have a great laid back weekend!
Post a Comment