Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Halloween comes early to our house

So yesterday I was taking some laundry down stairs and I walked past our bathroom mirror. To my absolute horror, I saw a nickel sized black spider in my hair! My DH was not home, otherwise I would have just screamed and had him come get it. However, he was hours from being home... so I grabbed a towel and started swatting. Well, the spider was out of my hair then, but where did it go... I looked in my shirt and bra, the floor, the counter...I couldn't find it anywhere. So freaky... I really tried to forget it happened ... maybe just in my imagination?? Well, when I was getting ready for bed many hours later, the dear spider emerged again on my washcloth! This time I did scream and eventually my husband did come to the bathroom, where he rinsed the spider down the sink. The spider tried to emerge from the dead, so I shut the drain and moved to Matt's sink... This morning there was another spider in the sink, but a not so scary daddy long legs... This is what happens when you won't let your husband spray for spiders because you are afraid of what pesticides may do to your health. I am getting close to changing my mind.

3 comments:

Bella said...

Ugh...I had spiders. Seeing one in my hair would be my worst nightmare! I think you handled it well compared to what I would have done. (Which would probably be to pass out!)

Sasha & Mark said...

Creepy!! I don't mind spiders when I see them in the garden, but i would freak if one was ON ME!

Anonymous said...

That would freak me out. I think the spiders have been really bad this year...not sure why. We always get them because we back up to a cornfield, but this year they're bigger and juicier.

But in your hair?!?! That's freaky.