Sunday, May 31, 2009

back to work

the day has come that I become a working mom. I am pretty nervous on many levels. Work has seemed to get along just fine without me. I'm wondering how hard it's going to be to get back into the mix of work. Also, I have certain goals to meet this year (you mean being a working mom isn't good enough?) I hate having "extra" above and beyond goals. Before I had the baby I worked 10+ hours of OT a week. I mean, how much more do they want from me? It's going to be very hard to work OT now that my bedtime is 9pm.

This last month, Jake and I did something fun everyday. I will miss our time together! Not that I am not just going to miss him in general. I was at church today without him and I couldn't wait to get back home. Tomorrow is going to be so weird.

But still, will I go back to work and be the same good employee I was? Or will it all just seem kinda of stupid now? Plus, I am going to be soooo tired. I will probably have a hard time getting through the day.

Now, I am still wearing maternity pants. Uggg. Somedays I am quite depressed about this. I worked my butt off this last month - 30 day shred, plus another hour of aerobics (walking or Wii Personal Trainer) everyday. But, I think I eat too much crap still, so I am trying to diet. I am the worst dieter and I did terrible this weekend. This weeks People had a story about Melissa Joan Hart and how hard it was for her to lose the weight. It made me a feel little better, but her diet is daunting!

Finally, the depression has hit me pretty hard some days still. My poor DH bears the brunt of it. I hope we make it through this. I am quite ashamed that I could be depressed with such a wonderful little baby who is such a blessing I don't deserve. But, I know this is just what it is. Something I need to get through. It is getting better and it will.

Time for Jake's bath. Hopefully during my lunch hours I will catch up on my emails to you all--

3 comments:

Bella said...

Oh, good luck going back to work! That has to be really tough to go back! Also, please try not to beat yourself up over the depression. It's a very normal thing that many women go through. You will all get through it together! Good luck this week! ((HUGS))

Sasha & Mark said...

Going back to work is so hard. I'm sure your family will find a good routine that works for everyone. As Bella said, depression is very normal. No one would ever question how much you love your baby and are a good mama. We all have a meltdown every now and then!

Andrea said...

You very much DO deserve Jake! Although we've never met, I can tell from your emails to me that you and Matt are kind, decent people. Your body and emotions have been through a considerable journey. Look at all you went through just to get Jake. Now that he's here you need time to accept that he is yours and the fight to get him was a success. Unfortunately all those emotions and hormones take time to work themselves out. There is no shame in asking for help in dealing with it all.