On Monday I had stomach endoscopy. The place I went to should have been called "Colonoscopies R Us" because the waiting room was full of folks who had to do that. I was greatful I was not there for that!
In order to get the tube down, the sedate you. Thank goodness, I can't imagine being awake for something like that. It was very similar to my ER, awake one minute, the next minute you are being hit on the shoulder and someone is trying to wake you up. I have to admit, I was really excited for the sleep. My stomach hurts so bad at night, it's hard to get to sleep (and back to sleep is impossible). Medically induced sleep, so nice...
In any case, I guess this medicine makes you very...forgetful. My aunt had entire conversations with me that she had to repeat a few times. I kept asking her how it went, and she showed me the pictures and told me what they found...then 10 minutes I would ask her again. I vaguely remember getting dressed and coming home. Eventually, my mind started working again, but only after a doctor prescribed two hour nap.
Well, they found absoluately nothing with the endoscopy. It's good and bad. I would like to know what is causing the pain. The doctor doubled my rx for Prevacid, so we'll see if that helps. I need sleep so bad!!
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thankfully you didn't end up like Izzie! I hope the increase in meds helps you with your pain and you're feeling better soon.
I hope the meds help and you get some sleep.
(((HUGS)))
Jacob is such a cutie
Post a Comment