Saturday, January 3, 2009

Some updates from xmas

Here are some nursery wall letters that I made my friend's baby Kate. The picture is of her curtains that I blew up.



I drew the details onto the letters the best I could and then painted with a very thin brush with acrylics. I'm not very artistic, but I can copy! I loved the colors (bright pink, orange, green, and dark brown) and really liked how the letters turned out.




Here's my husband playing Wii boxing. It was so funny to watch him play. My parents actually bought a Wii for themselves. I couldn't believe it, not in a million years.




Finally, my poor husband got birdie stuffed animals and this lousy home made t-shirt for xmas. He thinks Palin is a nice lady, but not quite VP material. (Matt thinks joke gifts are the best, I'm really not a bad wife! He loved it!) Needless to say, he's worn the t-shirt once and one of the 2's already fell off. Poor guy! He really liked the 6 pack of Sam Adams I bought him though.






8 comments:

Bella said...

I love the letters, you're so creative!! Matt's shirt is hysterical!

Bella said...

You won (see my blog)! Please email me at arb2 at hotmail dot com with any color preferences, themes, or pictures you want included (or if you don't care, that's fine too). I know you have a family blog, too, so let me know if you want one for that one or your personal blog. I might not have it done tomorrow, but I'll get it done in the next week or two :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your blog from Andrea's (Bella and her fella) and I loved your post. I will do the little celebratory dance with you as no one IRL knows about my IF either, my co-worker was nearly having a stroke because she thought she might have to give herself an insulin shot (she is pre-diabetic, hasn't actually had to do any shots yet) and I just want to tell her to buck up! But I remember how scared I was before my first shots...I think it's really different that she can "apply" for sympathy and I never felt able to do that. I'm sure you can relate - shots in bathroom stalls, closets and in the parking lot more than once - what a drag, and no baby to make it all worthwhile! But hopefully this is the year - glad I found your blog (sorry I got on a rant there)!

Laura said...

Andrea - I LOVE the letters! I'm totally going to steal this as a gift idea now. :)

stacey said...

Those letters are FABULOUS!!!! You are a secret crafter, aren't you???

Sasha & Mark said...

Those letters are great! Very nice! My DH's parents got a wii too-- we were surprised, but they really seem to enjoy it?!

Beth Bruns said...

I didn't know you were so artistic!

theworms said...

I love the letters, they are so pretty. You did an amazing job.