Well, it's been back to reality at work since last Monday. I've been busy juggling my projects and trying to get them to a good place before I leave. I am definitely more hormonal than normal, crying at really silly things like my DH leaving for a business trip, my stress at work, or even a diaper commercial!
I can't really complain about the weather to my Michigan friends, but we don't really deal well with the little snow falls here. The roads just ice over and driving sucks. We've had day after day like that here, and I am wreck driving!
I've been a little lonely lately. I haven't been out with friends in awhile and the weather has kept me home. I *really* enjoyed spending the break with Matt, it was so nice to have so much time with him. But I guess I need some girl time, or maybe it's just the post Christmas blues.
Physically, I am feeling ok still most days. I am really hoping I can make it to 36 weeks without too much bellyaching!! The baby has definitely run out of room and is doing karate chops pretty regularly. I wonder if the guys I work with can see my belly moving when we are in meetings!
Our nursery is pretty close to being ready and in my head, I know what I am going to bring in my hospital bag. I've pretty much cleaned out every closet, cupboard, and drawer. I guess this is called nesting? So I am super excited...probably too excited, so I am trying to be patient!!
When I really think about it though, I am also scared out of my mind...about labor and motherhood and all of the changes that are coming in my life. What is labor going to be like? What if I can't hack the sleepless nights? What if baby G doesn't take to breast feeding? What if I am not a good mom?
If you are still reading...thanks! I hope I am not whining too much. Keep me posted on your lives. I am always thinking and praying for you!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are getting so close and you sound like you are so prepared. I think the being scared out of your mind thing is normal...at least I hope it is because I am feeling the same way. I think everything will be ok and you will be a great mom and will be able to handle everything.
You will be a great mom!!!! I think it's normal to have those feelings of fear. Everything will work out, don't worry. I can't believe you're getting so close..how exciting!!!
I have all those same fears-- that coupled with really enjoying this pregnancy makes me not mind so much if she decides to come a little later... But then I saw these pictures of my friend holding her new baby in the hospital-- so happy! We've been waiting a long time for this, and it is going to be magical!!
Hi Andrea, you are going to be such a great mom!!! I think it is very normal to have these fears, everything will work out for you just perfectly. I hope you post pictures of the nursery, I can't wait to see it!!
Karen
Post a Comment