When we moved to Indiana, there were not many choices nearby for Episcopal churches. The church closest to our house (and the one we go to now) holds their services in what will become a cafeteria someday after the new church is built. There are no kneelers and you sit in chairs every week and hold onto your song book during the whole service (starting to get really annoying). I don't really know if anyone ever prays in this space, it just doesn't ever feel spiritual. It seems like people talk after communion and it drives me crazy!! The priest does give great sermons, and I think Matt really likes the service because of that. The only that keeps me going back is guilt... there are so many people that need prayers. The new church is finally being built and will be open in the summer. Baby G will be baptized there and I hoping that in the new structure, I can find what I've been missing.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
I miss my old church...
My DH and I both converted to the Episcopal church about 4 years ago so that we could go to the same church and neither of us was willing to convert to the other's denomination. We did a lot of research to pick a denomination and then we visited many churchs before picking our parish. The church was small (much smaller than the Catholic Churches I was used to), but there was a serenity to it that made it easy to "get in touch" with God. Plus, after we got married there, it was so awesome to go back every week and remember saying our vows. We loved our pastor and I even started teaching Sunday school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the wedding pics! Your old church looks really sweet! I hope the new one ends up being right for you guys!
Post a Comment