Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Music playlist for 08

It's the time of year when I burn the music of the year CD. This year I haven't got as many songs as I would like, but there are some gems.

First, the song of the year is the song that got me through my IVF cycle, Hold on to me by Armin Van Buuren featuring Audrey Gallagher

Hold onto this - To dream is a gift -To love is divine - And I won't bring you down
Hold onto to me - To dream is to be - To live is to shine - And I won't bring you down

I guess the reason this song was so meaningful was because of the line "To dream is to be" I thought, even if I just dream of being a mother, that is enough. Also when you are going through a tough time, you definitely need to have some beliefs and faith to hold on to. Anyway, I hope you will download it and enjoy it.

The rest are catchy tunes or just good listening. Most of them I got by looking through songs played on Grey's Anatomy, Gossip Girl, or CSI. I do like Armin van Buuren's weekly podcast and there are a lot of good songs on that (and it's free to download!!). I am also always looking at movie soundtracks for ideas. Every once in a while I watch MTV and that's how I found Katy Perry (I just love the video). I don't think I've listened to a radio station all year though...

1. Hold onto Me - Armin van Buuren
2. In & Out of Love - Armin van Buuren
3. My Love - Paul Oakenfold remix of Justin Timberlake
4. I'm in Heaven - Jason Nevins
5. Hot N Cold - Katy Perry
6. Let it Rock - Kevin Rudolf and Lil Wayne
7. Walking in the Streets - Mad Staring Eyes
8. Something to Believe in - Aqualung
9. Days Go On- Greg Laswell
10. I will Possess your Heart - Death Cab for Cutie
11. Dark on Fire - Turin Brakes
12. Love to Me- Bernadette Morley
13. And Then You - Greg Laswell
14. Who Knew - Pink
15. Mad World - Michael Andrews
16. Play with Fire - Rolling Stones
17. Hurt - Johnny Cash (This is a remake - Can you guess by who?)

No comments: