Friday, December 5, 2008

Still sick...

It's been 8 days now with this miserable cold. Everyone has been telling me that "colds just linger" when you are pg. Lovely. This has been the worst week at work with both of my projects challenging my resolve to be a mature professional. I can't help but wonder if I would have reacted better if I wasn't feeling so bad. I'm just glad I got through in tact. Of course, the half gallon of ice cream I bought on Tuesday is nearly gone. Oops - how the heck did that happen??

Did I mention that my dear husband was out of the country all week and only reachable by his company email?

The upside of the week is that I passed my 1 hour glucose test yesterday. They did call to tell me that my iron was low, which is amazing considering what I eat. I've gained 19 lbs so far, which I think is good (again, amazing considering what I eat!!) but my blood pressure is borderline so I have to keep an eye on that. The doctor I met with yesterday was so sweet and nice and he took lots of time with me. I was actually not prepared for this because usually these appts are about 5 minutes. I still get a little smile thinking about how nice it was to meet a doctor who seemed to care.

I know I am not the only who had a pretty bad week. I hope we all have a better weekend. Those who got bad news, know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

Bella said...

Ugh...that sucks. I hope you feel better very soon and that work is less annoying.

Karen At Home Blog said...

I am sorry you are still sick. Thanks for the kind words on the SAIF board, all we can do is try again! Have a good weekend.

Karen