Wednesday, August 27, 2008

5 years ago today...

I went on my first date with Matt. It was nice evening in Ann Arbor, drinks at Charlie's, dinner at Palio and then we stayed up talking until 1 in the morning. It was a school night, so we couldn't stay up all night. Part of me knew that night we were a perfect match. But after dating so many guys over the years, it was hard to get my hopes up. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop!

My T-TTC journey wasn't much different from dating. (I dated online for about 7 years before I met Matt.) It required lots of patience and lots of ups and downs. In the end, I did get married and hopefully soon, have children. When I was younger, I wondered if I would ever get married or have kids. I didn't know if it would ever happen!

Since I met Matt, I've sold my house and then his. Moved from Berkley to Canton to Indiana. I now travel to Hilton Head and Allentown rather than Europe. I drive only Fords! I do less housework but more laundry. I don't think things are not much different, I suppose!

On an unrelated note, I had time to scan in our 3-D ultrasound pic. The baby has his hands in front of his face, but it is still really an amazing picture! During the u/s last week, the baby was measuring long with short legs. Since I've realized this, I've been thinking of him (or her!) as being alot like Matt (I am short with long legs). As miserable miserable as I have been feeling, I am really excited to meet this little one. Only 25 more weeks, I hope it goes by fast!!!


1 comment:

stacey said...

The little one (boy??) is growing so much!