Sunday, August 10, 2008

Indiana State Fair

Matt obliged me today and took me to the state fair. I think there are 90,000 attendees everyday. Like the auto show or the art fair, I just can't help myself. I love to go and see. The absolute best part is the food. You can just walk around and smell the BBQ, the sausage and green peppers, the carmel corn, the fritters, the elephant ears. There is alot of serious eating you can do there, I've never seen anything like it!

We also love to see all the animals, the exbition halls, and all the crafts that are judged. Usually my friend has a few photographs entered (last year she got 2nd) and I could literally spend an hour or two just looking at all the entries.

After burning lots of calories walking, we settled on fried Reese's Peanut Butter cups. Matt has never had them, so we had to try them. The best way to describe them is a hot donut with a peanut butter cup in the middle. Yum!! Very messy though :-)

I miss dream cruise! Well, sort of. I miss that my town had something to be part of and I really did like the cars. I do not miss all the crazy cruising all summer long! http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

Finally, if you are a surfer like me, you can take a look at all of the blogs I peruse. They are mostly a mix between IF and success after IF, but all of the bloggers are my friends in the internet world. If you don't blog yet, maybe you'll be inspired to start!

5 comments:

Bella said...

This post made me extremely hungry :) Glad you had a fun day!

Anonymous said...

Would you believe that I have lived in Indiana my whole life and I have *never* been to the state fair? My mom went the day before she went into labor with me...that's the last time I was there. :) But that's going to change...Purdue day at the State Fair is this Friday, so I have to work a bit and plan on eating myself stupid!

I hope you are doing well!!

stacey said...

Maybe it's b/c I'm a midwest girl, but that just sounds like SO much fun!!!!

Sasha & Mark said...

Fried Reece's Cups sound like heaven!! I used to LOVE elephant ears. Our state fair isn't until October, but we might have to go this year...

Bella said...

You have received an award on my blog :)