Monday, August 18, 2008

It may be...

That we are having a boy!! Yes, it's too early to know for sure and we won't pick out names or buy any clothes. For me, it was just exciting to know one more thing about that little person inside of me (this week, size of a lemon!!) and it helps it seem more real. Matt said "I don't care as long as it's healthy..." So far, the NT scan results were good -- I'll get the blood results later this week.

We're both soooo tired today. We flew back from San Francisco on a red eye and got choppy blocks of 1 or 2 hours of sleep. Back when we booked the trip, we didn't know we'd be pregnant and we wanted some extra time to go visit Napa Valley. We didn't even bother making that trip since I didn't even want to be tempted!! I did pretty well otherwise. I thought I'd be too tired to do much, but the first day alone we walked from Fisherman's Wharf to Lombard Street and again to the top of Coit Tower. My hips hurt, but after walking for a few hours, they were better. Mostly, Matt and I didn't "get" San Francisco. It's so cold! We kinda ran out of stuff to do pretty quickly. We loved the cable cars and the 2 art museums. I liked Ghiradelli Square because the baby really needed some ice cream. It was our first vacation this year, and it was soooo nice to be together with no work or computers for 4 days. We really needed it!

We also were with Matt's family for 2 of the days, but we didn't tell them we were pregnant. It was so hard, but I'm glad we didn't. We were there for his cousin's wedding and was good that the focus was just on that. Also, because I was usually wearing 3 layers of clothing, it was easy to hide! Still, I cannot wait to tell them which I hope to do next week -- we won't see them again until Thanksgiving!

I took a ton of pictures - I'll post them on the other blog site. Also, I got one 3-D u/s picture that I will scan tomorrow. It's really cute, but a bit hard to see.

5 comments:

Sasha & Mark said...

Congrats on the excellent NT and (maybe) boy! And I noticed you are in your 2nd tri now! YAY! :)

I used to live in SF, and I hear ya-- it is COLD! You guys hit all the major spots. It is actually a small city compared to other destinations.

Bella said...

Congrats on a great NT scan! Can't wait to find out if it's a boy!

shawna said...

Congratulations on a perfect NT Scan!
I am drooling on my keyboard over the thought of cold weather. Being in Texas, that sounds perfect right now.

Anonymous said...

yay! can't wait to find out for sure what it is!

you'll have to fill me in on your vacation, as j and i are going to san fran for our anniversary next month. glad to know it's cold! i would love to hear what you did and what you liked/didn't like. ttys!

stacey said...

Yay for maybe a boy!!!! That is so exciting!!!