So we got our fert report darned early today (7:30 am!) Only 5 out of the 8 were mature, but all 5 fertilized.
It's not great (would like to have at least 9, thank you very much) but it could be worse. I'm pretty sure for 5 mature eggs I could have stopped stimming after 10 days. I'm pretty sure I was over cooked.
However, at this point, there is nothing we can do but pray and hope for the best.
I was thinking this morning that at least we kind of know why we aren't pg yet... crappy eggs and crappy sperm. I mean not like the worst ever, but it becomes a math game. Normal fert rates for couples are 20%. If you have one factor of IF, say poor sperm morph, you have 20% of 20%, or about 4%. If you have another, you have .8% chance and that means it could take 10 years.
So maybe there is reason to be hopeful, huh?
The Gospel today was about Noah's ark, but the priest talked about Abraham and Sarah. God promised them a baby when they were 99 years old. I love that story. There is always hope that God will provide.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you are in great shape - I only had 3 fertilize and ended up with 1 that resulted in pregnancy. I will keep praying for you!
Post a Comment