Well, I'm back and things sorta went well. Things went fine, but I didn't get to ask all of the questions I wanted to. We are going to get started this month yay! We have to prevent getting pg (ha!) and I won't be on the pill - so I guess I have to go out and buy condoms (I hate doing this, btw, I feel so embarrassed buying condoms.)
So, it will go like this: 7 days after my O, I will start Lupron to suppress my ovaries and let them rest. Then after my period, I will start stimming - twice a day for a week to 10 days or so with Follistim and Menopur. Matt will have to only give me one shot - the one to trigger O! They go in a few days later to retrieve eggs, fertilize them and after 3 days put back the best two embryos. If we have more than 2 embryos, then hopefully a few of them will be strong enough to freeze for use at a later date.
I was a little frustrated because I had so many questions and the doctor didn't really want to hang out and answer them all. I have a hard time standing up for myself in situations like this as it is! I am concerned about the protocol being overly suppressive. It's nice to have a large clinic for some reasons and other times, like today, it sucks.
I have a follow up next week with my nurse and hopefully I can get some more of my questions answered. In the meantime, I've got a big project to finish up so I can be stress-free by mid May!
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good luck, Andrea! Btw, I have trouble getting all my questions into my RE too. He always seems to be rushing off somewhere!
Post a Comment