Sunday, June 27, 2010

nursery mockup

I did some sketches of the paintings I'm going to do for the new nursery to see if I am going to like the colors. For now, I think they are OK and I don't think we are going to paint. I also bought some sheets to see how I like the pink against the blue/grey. I think I am going to keep the pink minimal, but it's not too bad. Now I have six paintings to do! I've got to keep them simple and fun or I'll never finish them!
Totally unrelated...yesterday I took a quick peek in at Gymboree to see if they had anything on sale worth buying. I found the sweater vest below for $5 and thought it would be nice for his pictures this fall. I grew up on a farm and I think my dad would get a kick out of the tractor. But the interesting part of the story... so I asked the lady what other pieces originally came with the sweater and she mentioned the green plaid shirt. Bummed I couldn't find that on the rack, I thought I would just get Jake a white button down shirt, no big deal. I googled the line when I got home to see if it was online still, but no luck. Then... I remembered that I had bought him a shirt at gymbo a few weeks ago (the only other boys gymbo clothing I own) with the same intention, to be a nice dress up shirt (and yes, I got it super clearanced). Turns out it was the matching plaid... ugg...I am sooo dumb sometimes!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love where you're going with the nursery - I think it's going to look great when it's done!

And too funny about the shirt!

stacey said...

Blame it on pregnancy brain! What a cute little boy vest/shirt combo:)

Kathy said...

hilarious! :)