Saturday, November 22, 2008

Way too long since I blogged...

I don't really have too many deep thoughts lately. Matt and I both had long weeks at work and we are both trying to recover. Actually, I think Matt is working right now, which I should probably be doing! Yesterday, I was officially 6 months pregnant and in the third trimester! Somedays I think I am not all that big and other days I wonder how huge I am going to be in 3 more months. My big obsession right now is how much the baby should be kicking. During the day most days, he only has a few hours where is super active. At night though I can get kicked quite a bit. It makes me wonder if he is going to be night owl but still pretty mellow. I have been playing him a lullaby everynight at bedtime so maybe he'll remember it when he is out with me! I took my breastfeeding and labor and delivery classes last weekend and starting to understand better what those first few weeks are going to be like...but it's still just some vague notion. I know I have no idea what I am in store for.

I spend alot of time worrying about the economy. Who knows what the next year is going to hold, but I feel like things are going to change alot for Americans. I just finished reading Chris Bohjalian book, Skeletons at the Feast. The main character is a teenager in Germany at the end of WWII and she wonders how her parent's generation could created a Germany like it had become. I wonder if that is how our children are going to view our generation?

Ok, that's as deep as sleep depreived pg woman can be. I think about you all, all of the time.

1 comment:

Bella said...

So exciting that Baby G is kicking and getting really active! I hope he's a mellow baby for your sleeping sake ;)