Monday, March 22, 2010

A new post...

It's been months and months, not that I don't mentally blog all the time in my head. So here's my 5 minute catch-up...

Jake is 1 years old now. He walks pretty well and his a human whirlwind. He goes from room to room opening every drawer and cupboard to see what it will reveal. If you have young babies now, start working on childproofing and definitely give your baby something to explore and play with in every room you intend to let him roam. I can work in the kitchen with Jake happily under foot pulling out the collanders and the plastic bowls. Jake is not a fan of baby jail... He also started sleeping through the night about 6 weeks ago. The timing is quite ironic, but much appreciated.

So my plantar faciitis has not gotten better for months. I did some running over xmas break, but not really much since then. I am very discouraged with my doctor because I feel like a minor problem has just gotten worse and worse instead of better. Now I wear a night splint and custom inserts and even doing the smallest amount of impact makes my heel hurt. I think I need to get better at doing some physical therapy, but for some reason I haven't gotten my rear in gear to do this.

In the meantime, I've really focused on circuit training and weight lifting. I'm loving all workouts Jillian -- everything from her new Yoga video, to Hot Bod in a Box, to some of her older videos (not a huge fan of the biggest loser series though). I've also been following a routine from the New Rules of Lifting for Women (NROLFW). Love the muscles I am getting in my arms. I took up spinning in November and on a good day, I can get the same high as I did running. I love the fact that I have so much variety in my workouts now. I miss running so much I could cry, but in some ways it's been very good for me...

I also cut way down on my sugar starting after xmas. After reading NROLFW, I really started adding more protein to my diet and tracking everything in the Dailyplate.com. I lost the rest of my baby weight and then another 8 lbs! For the first time I can remember, I dipped below 130!!
I still had this awful belly flabby stuff going on and had more work to go to fit into clothes the way I want, but still I was quite happy.

Of course, all of this went to hell about 5 weeks ago. I'll post why pretty soon!

No comments: