Yesterday, I ran a half marathon in downtown Indy, the 'Monumental'. A half marathon was my goal earlier this summer and building up the mileage this fall has been great. At the end of my runs I am using in my "hate" phase of the "love/hate" relationship I have with running, but this run, that didn't hit until the last minute. It all went by really quickly, like I was in a dream. I think part of the problem was that I woke up at 3am the night before like it was 6am. I mean, I was AWAKE. I didn't feel very good and I was kicking myself for shelling out $70 for the race. But actually, I ended up feeling OK by the race time and I ran exactly the pace I thought I would. As geeked as I was by accomplishing this goal on the onset, it seemed pretty wimpy after running the first 7 miles with the marathoners. I kept looking at the group I was pacing with thinking, what do they have that I don't?? I think longer runs are in my future. I'm going to need something to occupy myself with now.
Just got figure out why my feet hurt. Hopefully my podiatrist will have some insight. Maybe my joints will tighten up some more after I wean.
So, I've had other nights of bad insomnia this week. Mostly fueled by too much going on at work and me just feeling sick of always being behind. I took a leadership teambuilding course this week (which makes my backlog even worse!!!) and I learned that I am a "harmonizer" at work. This means I really like for everyone to get along, I am very sensitive to how my team is "feeling" and that I am extroverted networker. Never in a million years would I think of myself as an extrovert, but it is true. I do know sooo many people at work. I go out of my way to meet new people if the opportunity arises. I'm still super shy, so it's so weird. I can feel myself blushing all the time.
I think date night will have to be another post. there is much much more to write.
back to work.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats on the half maratho Andrea, that is a great accomplishment! Your work assessment of yourself reminds me of a lot like me. I hate conflict at work so I always go above and beyond for everyone to get along. I am also an extrovert (hence the reason I like hanging out nestie/bumpie message boards) but can also be very shy. I would love to take that assessment to see what it says. We have done the Myers Briggs at work and it certainly confirmed that I am an extrovert with a "hostess" style personality. Have a good rest of your weekend.
Karen
Post a Comment