The last month with Jake has just been blissful. He's so much fun to play with and just loves to giggle all the time (although, I have no idea what he is giggling at half the time.) He's also pretty patient with Mom and Dad as we run around getting ready in the morning or getting dinner on the table at night. After dinner we usually have an hour to play with him before his bath. We were working on his flipping over from belly to back and now trying to sit up on his own. Jake must be pretty close to 18 lbs now and quickly getting too heavy in his car seat to haul around. I am hoping that he can sit up on his own soon so I can take him places without the seat.
Sometimes we think Jake is training for a marathon. We put him in the bouncy seat and he kicks and kicks and giggles and giggles. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when he starts crawling and walking. At the same time, I'm so excited for him to start doing more so we can play with more toys. I'm also excited to start taking him places like the zoo, but it seems like that will be awhile!
Meanwhile, I am training for a half marathon. Ugg, I seem to remember running as more fun, LOL! I'm up to 6.5 miles and that was pretty hard today. I'm hoping to do a half in Chicago in a 5 weeks. We'll see.
Work has been kicking my butt too. I'm supposed to be part time, but really, I need Fridays (my day off) to catch up from the week because I can't work at night anymore. I like my job most of the time, but sometimes, I've been too stressed out. Plus, I worry I'm not spending enough time with Jake and he is growing up too fast. At the same time, honestly, I don't know if I could be a stay at home mom. This is totally a flame worthy confession. I'm not sure what it is because I love Jake so much. I think it's the challenge or the adult company or the ability to focus on one thing at a time without the unpredictability of having a baby? I guess I will contemplating this for awhile.
July was a busy busy month, we had something going on every weekend! Last weekend for my birthday we went to Cincinnati for an overnight, romantic date. Well we found a beer festival which kind of killed the romantic part. But it was so nice to have some couple time. Literally, if I don't remove daddy from his projects, his laptops, and his baby, he will never have time for "us". I hope we don't have to find a babysitter for more couple time. I'm going to have to keep working on this.
I should blog more, but now bedtime. I'm sure no one reads this anymore, lol, but that's ok. It's nice to remember my year.
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You still have me! I tried to do a blog but it's hard to find time to keep it updated. I don't know how you do it with all you have going on!
He sounds adorable Andrea, I am so happy for you. What a cute age he is at. I wanted to let you know that I am blogging again. I decided to put my blog back up, I missed it too much and wanted to document my pregnancy. I hope all is well with you, take care!
Karen
I still read too!
Awww...Jake sounds so adorable!!! Happy belated birthday to you and good luck with the marathon!!
You've got me too!
So glad you're enjoying every moment with Jake, he's so cute :)
Happy belated b-day.
Post a Comment