Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Insomnia...

It started about a week and half ago. Not that I've been a good sleeper for at least a year now... but starting last week, I would get to sleep by 12 and up by 4 or so, with no hope of getting back to sleep. Two nights ago, it flip flopped and I couldn't fall asleep to save my life. I tried everything, deep breathing/meditating, eating a snack, etc and sleeping any - the chair in the nursery, the couch in my office, the couch downstairs...I think I finally fell asleep in my bed around 3:30 and then woke up at 6:15. Last night, I didn't think I could be tireder, but I still couldn't fall asleep. When it was 1:15, I thought I was going to cry. I finally took a benadryl and then tylenol and it worked, thank goodness.

I think I have a lot of anxiety about work -there is just so much going on. I have every hour of this week booked with meetings and that's really weighing on me. I'm so tired after a week and a half of no sleep that I just don't care anymore. So not good in this economy!

I guess I am just writing this in case I am grumpy or forgetful... please accept my apologies...

3 comments:

Sasha & Mark said...

Hang in there! It is rough when you are exhausted and just can't fall asleep. I find listening to relaxing music and deep breathing can help at times. I hope you're able to get some rest tonight. Take care.

Bella said...

That's the worst. I hate not being able to sleep. It also happens to me when I'm stressed just to make the stress that much worse, you know?! I suppose you can't take anything to aid in that process? I hope it gets better because you're less stressed soon.

Beth Bruns said...

You should be ramping down at work... not getting busier! They're going to have to manage without you soon. I hope you're able to get some stuff off your plate and hopefully relax a bit.